So we’ve talked before about how antiviruses work on different scenarios, under the same concept. Some software run with very easy and practical methods. Others tend to develop a series of technical tools and features. Both of these visions can get to be as efficient. But here’s the thing: How much of a difference would make a protection software that includes both strategies? This time we’ll talk about one of the most recognized antivirus tools in the market: McAfee Antivirus software. In future instances, it'll be easier for the user to acknowledge the practical element of well founded safety methods.
What is McAfee Antivirus?
McAfee Antivirus Software comprehends an all-in-one protection system for your devices, including PCs and Mobiles. It also establishes a safe and trustworthy connection by offering practical and complete solutions to the user. The program set the user with a 30-day free trial, which has got a complete set of tools. Therefore, these tools can help the user make a wide number of tasks and operations in a safer environment. This means that the user can easily browse, play online games and apply identity functions to their internet searching.
McAfee Antivirus functions
Just like any other protection software, McAfee Antivirus comes with a fully functional security package. This includes:
- An award-winning antivirus system, which is the backbone of every operation.
- McAfee’s Firewall System.
- Password manager for social media and e-mail accounts.
- A file shredder, which is a cleansing tool that gets rid of unnecessary information.
- Identity Monitoring.
- A crew of online security experts.
- Multi-platform compatibility and Secure VPN.
McAfee Antivirus features
The McAfee platform counts with an interesting set of features. For instance, there’s a monitoring system that secures a faster and broader detection based on the user’s identity. It also includes a strong automatically activated VPN, and an easy set for the user to operate with. But what could be the most interesting feature is its scoring system for security tasks on one’s devices. This one’s called ‘Protection Score’
What is Protection Score?
The Protection Score feature can be described as a health check of your online protection, developed by McAfee. Kinda like a scoreboard that provides the user with simple steps to improve its security. So the main focal point of this feature is letting you know how safe you are.
Some of the components of this feature can be explained as:
- Measurement of the strength of your online protection, made by the usage of quick assessment processes.
- Making of simple instructions to repair security weak spots, taking care of unsafe gaps.
- Personalized feedback feature, getting to develop well-founded online protection.
Together with this set of tasks, Protection Score has also got some indicators, so you can keep it on point. That is, with the security levels on your device:
- Activating the McAfee Antivirus software on other devices will increase your Protection Score.
- Running antivirus scans on average periods will increase your score.
- Scanning Wi-Fi for connection threats, while also putting the VPN to test, will increase your score.
- Installing web protection – related to McAfee software – on your preferred browser will increase your score.
- If the user’s e-mail is found in a data breach, the most probable thing is for the score to go down.
- When a set of specific private information is found, the score can be negatively affected by its wrong manipulation. If the user’s government ID or any financial information is on the dark web, the score might get even lower.
- As part of the safety verifying process, the user has to resolve the breaches identified by McAfee.
Like so, McAfee Antivirus functioning process stands out as a very interactive program. This not only sets a good security level but also makes them aware of the things they get to do online.